Sunday, January 23, 2005

Skinny Teens Ponder How Fat People Fall In Love

Last night two girls with a combined weight of approximately 220 pounds tried to understand what made it possible for fat people to fall in love with one another. One girl stated that even fat people found models and celebrities, especially skinny ones, attractive. She wondered how, if their standards for attraction were the same, fat people could genuinely be attracted to one another. Her counterpart argued that perhaps they had no choice, that fat people could not get get dates with skinny people and therefore chose from what was available. But choosing out of desperation was not the same as attraction argued the first girl, concluding that in fact fat people were not really attracted to one another and that all relationships between them were merely an attempt to stave off loneliness.
The second girl contemplated this a moment then responded that seeing fat people buying make-up and perfume always depressed her because, really, what was the point.

12 comments:

Jerry Bowley said...

Priceless...

I just surfed in through BE, by the way... Great blog. Definitely bookmarked. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot. The stories are real though obviously edited for space. I think of myself as a writer, but there's some things you just can't make up.

Laura said...

Funny thing about being 300 lbs. No one ever supsects that I have a (fit) husband AND girlfriend. And more offers than I care to deal with.

Funny thing about me--I'm funny, extremely intelligent and very talented. Oh, and very fat.

I definitely do not fit in a box. Heh.

Edgar Cantero said...

As a chubby teenager, i must say... that what those two girls discussed has kept me thinking for hours sometimes. Of course it takes the honesty of a skinny teenager to see the question in its bare reality.

Man, your blog is so much eye-opening.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm speechless. So apparently all fat people are ugly and pitiful and should just end their lives because they can never fall in love and will always be lonely. You've got to be kidding me.

Anonymous said...

This is depressing. The only thing that cheers me is to know that one day these Barbie dolls will be middle aged women with wrinkles and sagging breasts.Perhaps by THEN they will understand that people who love each other think their significant others are beautiful on the inside, no matter what the outside means.

Anonymous said...

How horrid -- yet I know people who think like that! You wonder when they will grow up. Society is so superficial... I agree! they need some poetic justice!

<"3 )~ http://www.techtrend.com/blog/taranicole

TooBIG said...

I'm fat.....lol but i'm ok with it and I love all shape and sizes....lol I mean my site and nickname give me away....lol I tell you what though being a big guy doesnt mean that no skinny girls will like ya I used to think that way all the time, it took one skinny girl to get my confidence level up and after that the bar is high now it all a matter of how you approach someone. but enough about that great blog man if you get a chance check out mine

http://www.toobig.net

Book said...

lmao true dat

Anonymous said...

Maybe when those girls are older, and their husbands (who will no doubt be equally shallow) have left them for younger, skinnier women, they'll get a glimpse of a hint of a clue.

Anonymous said...

Maybe these girls are right in a shallowly honest sort of way. I mean, I didn't read any comments from a skinny person dating a fat person, just fat people and how they have a husband and are committing adultry, having an affair, whatever.

Anonymous said...

i am fat!!!! i weigh 500 lbs and im 17 years old and i get lots of guys! This website sucks fat people get loving too!