Monday, January 23, 2006

I Remain Committed To You

Better late than never is what I've heard some people say, usually people who were late for something. Annoyingly late. Avoidably late. These people are terrible and everything they have to say should be discounted and ignored.

However, there is something to say for commitment, the kind of commitment that has me writing this useless entry in the closing hours of this day despite both of us knowing that I have little left to offer. It's been a long one. Well, let's get real, no day is any longer than any other, and people with kids and paralyzed limbs probably have long days, not unemployed writers who wake up when a cat stands on their head. But it still feels like it's been a long time since those furry paws helped me greet the noon day sun.

So I'm putting this out there for my benefit, not yours (it's more for your punishment) because I'd like to continue forcing myself to blather on three days a week. I'm doing it because I'm committed. And you have to be committed if you ever want to see the top of anything without falling off of something else. That's what it's going to say on my tombstone. But I won't be under that tombstone, because I'm going to live forever. Or possibly come back as a cat with a job as some schmuck's alarm clock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fabulous. I love it when the need to be consistent is greater than the need to be witty.

or something like that.
G.